26 September 2008

First Sailing Trip






The two main islands I went sailing around are called Ponza and Ventotene. You can find lots of info on them off the internet. My favorite was Ponza, with an ancient port, aquarium, and tunnels. It took us about 9 hours sailing the first night on the boat, and it was really ROCKY! Absolutely amazing. That next day we ended up at a deserted island and beach and by noon we were surrounded about another 50 boats. Boats as big as houses, boats Ive never imagined existed in real life. We relaxed, swam through grottos and tunnels, and saw tons of fish. We rented scooters, sailed and slept at different sites of each island. I didnt have to do much in terms of sailing since there were 3 professionals on the boat. We had no problems and had perfect weather. We visited old ancient Roman ports, went fishing everyday, and ate homecooked "sea" food every day. I enjoyed the life on a boat. I was out at sea with friends for about a week. I have lots of photos to share, but here are a few.

No comments: